|Photo: Jakub Christensen M. (Nuuk 2012, John Doe Unltd.)|
As a big thank you to u all for following, here’s … totally bias….
.. a top 10 list of this year’s mind blowing, yet tip of the iceberg, issues concerning talented Arctic ….
1) SMALL TIME GIANTS
2) TUMIT PRODUCTION
3) NU SCHOOL DESIGN
4) MADELEINE REDFERN – MOMENTUM IN COMMUNICATION SKILLS
5) EPIC PR ADVENTURES OF MADS PIHL & DESTINATION ARCTIC CIRCLE
6) PERFORMANCE DESIGN BY JESSIE KLEEMANN
7) GREENLAND EYES FILM FESTIVAL
8) LU BERTHELSEN & HIS ELECTORNIC UNIVERSE
9) NORDAFAR – A DIALOGUE
10) BE IT IN SPORTS, ARTS, BUSINESS, SOCIAL ISSUES ETC.
9) goes to “NORDAFAR – A DIALOGUE” - it’s an 18 minute art film shot and produced in Greenland in 2010 by Mikisoq H. Lynge and Martin Mørck. It´s a journey through an abandoned fishing settlement Nordafar in Greenland, 100 kilometers south of the capital Nuuk. 63.42°N, 51.34°E. The film explores a visual dialogue between man-made structures and the force of nature. All footage was shot on location during from july 2010 to may 2011. Music and sound was also recorded on location - http://vimeo.com/49671462 One has to respectonize the ongoing push in mediating the Arctic visionscapes.
8) goes to LU BERTHELSEN and his electronic universe; be it his “censored” EP’s on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/dk/artist/uyarakq/id553350473?l=da or NQQRMT festivals in Nuuk. Thanks to LU, we learn about FED CONTI http://soundcloud.com/djfedconti , ANTIRA http://soundcloud.com/antira , DA BARTALI CREW http://soundcloud.com/da-bartali-crew , PLUSQ! http://soundcloud.com/plusq What a blast!
7) goes to GREENLAND EYES FILM FESTIVAL – basically because they pulled it off. A festival like this should be fun in CPH. http://greenlandeyes.com/ that’s it.
6) goes to JESSIE KLEEMANN for nowness. It’s the performance design, the temporality, the book, the travelling entourage, the whole package and breaking the waves…which no one would have thought would get to you. Thus no words can describe – go see it, go read it, go and participate. http://youtu.be/gFqjJK6EbNo
5) goes to the PR machine of MADS PIHL/DESTINATION ARCTIC CIRCLE. Two friends went on an epic winter adventure in Greenland and explored the Ice Cap, dogsledding, snowmobiling, heliskiing, traditional Inuit hunting life, and urban culture along the Arctic Circle. http://www.arcticcircle.gl/roughrealremote Join them as they document the journey and share the love for all things Greenland in videos, photos, and field notes from their adventure. …. And get ready for 2013 http://vimeo.com/55279243
4) goes to MADELEINE REDFERN (Iqaluit, Nunavut) for communicating across and along in new media. Former Mayor at City of Iqaluit, now Consultant at Ajungi Arctic Consulting Group, Mrs. Redfern is a fantastic source of knowledge and momentum in real time as well as in cyberspace. Follow https://twitter.com/madinuk & http://pinterest.com/madinuk/
3) goes as well to the Inuktitut side of the Arctic – NU SCHOOL DESIGN (Iqaluit, Nunavut). Spanning from graffiti arts, community projects etc. etc. etc… www.nuschool.ca Please, come and do a workshop in Greenland….please, please, please….
2) second best – TUMIT PRODUCTION had a lot to prove this year and has a LOT to prove next year. Founded in 2009, I’m not saying to much; how ‘bout Tumit getting into co-productions across the Baffin Bay and man, ain’t it time to do some co-production with them creative ppl in Sisimiut? www.tumit.gl We’ll see.
1) SMALL TIME GIANTS – yes, basically because they have it all. The whole package. The real thing. https://itunes.apple.com/dk/album/six-shades-of-heart-ep/id503560060?l=da I mean, which creative collective sends out solid material for 24 dkk?, goes all in at any concert at any place u can think of and on top of that, puts brain into their communication strategy. What I’m saying is, we can all learn from these giants how to create and deliver a product in a modern world ++++++ http://www.smalltimegiants.com/